Friday, March 27, 2009

THE ITALIAN CONFESSION


> An elderly Italian man who lived on the outskirts of Rimini , Italy , went to the local church for confession. When the priest slid open the panel in the confessional, The man said:

> 'Father ... During World War II, a beautiful Jewish woman from our neighbourhood knocked urgently on my door and asked me to hide her from the Nazis. So I hid her in my attic.' The priest replied: 'That was a wonderful thing you did, and you have no need to confess that.'

> 'There is more to tell, Father... She started to repay me with sexual favours. This happened several times a week, and sometimes twice on Sundays. The priest said, 'That was a long time ago and by doing what you did, you placed the two of you in great danger.

> But two people under those circumstances can easily succumb to the weakness of the flesh. However, if you are truly sorry for your actions, you are indeed forgiven.'

> 'Thank you, Father. That's a great load off my mind. I do have one more Question. 'And what is that?' asked the priest.
'SHOULD I TELL HER THAT THE WAR IS OVER'?

No comments: